There are many stress triggers that can happen as you age. For Seniors stress can come from deteriorating health, loss of a loved one, increased dependence on others and healthcare costs. This can lead to immune system suppression, insomnia, rapid heart rate, and increased blood pressure. Regular exposure to stressful situations, such as being unable to do the things you like to do, can lead to a breakdown of various internal organs, all the way down to a cellular level.
Researchers have identified common health problems associated with chronic stress:
- Headaches and Migraines
- Muscle Soreness and Pain
- Eating and Digestive Problems
Help For Seniors
There is help for Seniors suffering from stress. Here at the Gabriel Center for Massage Therapy, we offer many types of therapy to help alleviate stress in seniors. The Mayo Clinic agrees: “Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.” Increasing blood flow to the limbs supports the body’s immune and nervous system. There are many other benefits massage therapy for seniors provides:
- Improves balance and gait by increasing blood flow to legs and feet.
- Flexibility is improved by muscle stimulation
- Releases endorphins for relaxation and emotional comfort.
- Improves sleep, most people including seniors agree that after massage therapy, they sleep much sounder at night.
- Relieves pain from arthritis, diabetes and other types of muscle aches.
Gabriel Center for Massage Therapy and Wellness
Contact The Gabriel Center for Wellness if you are in the North Port area and want to find out about massage therapy and its many benefits at (941) 954-0300.
Sarasota County Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Palmetto, Longboat Key, Lakewood Ranch, Ellenton, Parrish, Bayshore Gardens, Sarasota, North Port, Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Osprey, Siesta Key, South Venice, and Vamo.