Treat High Blood Pressure with Massage | Parrish
Did you know that Massage Therapy can help you lower your high blood pressure? It’s true!
Regular massage therapy sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure levels. Long-term studies show that consistent massage therapy reduces systolic (upper number) and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure.
At the Gabriel Center for Massage Therapy, in the Parrish area, we offer various types of massages to help you reduce the stress that causes the levels of cortisol to increase in your body. Many studies have shown that regular massage sessions reduce trigger sources of anxiety, tension and depression.
By lowering your blood pressure you reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke. Massage therapy is a natural way to help decrease blood pressure without any side effects.
According to The American Heart Association, high blood pressure left uncontrolled or undetected can lead to:
- Heart attack — High blood pressure damages arteries that can become blocked and prevent blood from flowing to tissues in the heart muscle.
- Stroke — High blood pressure can cause blood vessels in the brain to burst or clog more easily.
- Heart failure — The increased workload from high blood pressure can cause the heart to enlarge and fail to supply blood to the body.
- Kidney disease or failure — High blood pressure can damage the arteries around the kidneys and interfere with their ability to effectively filter blood.
- Vision loss — High blood pressure can strain or damage blood vessels in the eyes.
- Sexual dysfunction — This can be erectile dysfunction in men or lower libido in women.
- Angina — Over time, high blood pressure can lead to heart disease or microvascular disease. Angina, or chest pain, is a common symptom.
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) — Atherosclerosis caused by high blood pressure can cause a narrowing of arteries in the legs, arms, stomach and head, causing pain or fatigue.
Contact The Gabriel Center for Wellness if you are in the Parrish area and want to find out about massage therapy and its many benefits at (941) 954-0300.
Sarasota County Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Palmetto, Longboat Key, Lakewood Ranch, Ellenton, Parrish, Bayshore Gardens, Sarasota, North Port, Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Osprey, Siesta Key, South Venice and Vamo.